1. Overstock: Miami is a metropolis recognized for its excess, and your soiree should be no exception. Think you have enough food and booze? Double the order.
2. Forewarn: In a city where a 9:30 p.m. dinner is considered “Early Bird”…rest assured your fiesta might drag on. Warn your neighbors ahead of time, or better yet, invite them over!
3. A Pig: One suckling pig. One spit. Instant success. A millennia of parties worldwide have hinged on this one delicious ingredient.
4. Zones: Set separate areas for dancing and quiet conversation. Your wallflower friends will be thankful.
5. No Regrets: Tia Benita’s good china has been in the family for generations — lock it up! You’re always better safe than sorry.
6. Fantastic Plastics: While seat coverings may look gaudy, they can save friendships. Red wine stains ruin lives.
7. Let It Go: Don’t micromanage. The best parties are often the least planned. And any truly good friend can be guilted into helping clean-up the next morning.
8. Tunes: No dead air, please. Whether smooth jazz, EDM or the latest Billboard Top 20, keep the hits coming.
9. Night Owls: There’s always a few stragglers convinced the party’s just getting started at 4 a.m. Asking them politely to leave isn’t rude; we all have our limits!