1. There are over 42 million reviews at your fingertips — from restaurants and bars to lounges, clubs, live music venues and even boutiques, shops and pretty much any kind of business you want to get first-hand experience info on.
2. Taking photos is fun. Yeah, we know you love to use your phone and all its wonderful apps with their amazing filters to photograph all the details of your life, what you’re eating and where you are. Yelp lets you upload all of these for the world to see as often as you’d like.
3. Be the hot tipster among your friends. We all know what opinions are like, so why don’t you share yours? You can post tips for local business that everyone will get to see, and your tip could just make their day…or better yet, inspire them to have a similar experience.
4. Looking for something to do? Don’t fret. Yelp is your one-stop-shop to get the 411 on what’s going on around town.
5. Speaking of events, Yelp hosts some great parties throughout the year that’ll get you rubbing shoulders with all kinds of people including your next best friend, business associate or life partner. Even if you don’t, hey, at least you got to hang out at some cool local spots!
6. Thanks to its many partnerships, Yelp gets access to some of the best local happenings around town. If you play your cards right, you can get deep discounts or even free passes to many of them.
7. Who doesn’t love discounts and deals? Yelp allows users to get deals at local businesses just by checking in. Some places even have certificates that you can buy for deeply discounted rates.
8. Want to be in-the-know? Every week Yelp sends out a freshly minted email with a heads-up on area hotspots and events, so if you’ve been too busy to check the site recently you can still have a ‘cheat sheet’ to help you decide what you’re going to do next.
9. Yelpers truly want to know what you think. Where else can you get a guarantee that your words will count for something? All you have to do is sign up and start reviewing!
10. Yelp is a community. There are talk threads, UYEs (Unofficial Yelp Events), ELL (Eat Like A Local) and all sorts of unique tools that bring together groups of people from all walks of life. So don’t be shy, join the fun and sign up at Yelp.com today.