1. ROBERT KIYOSAKI: Don’t give in to economic upheaval. “Shift your mindset from ‘victim’ to ‘champ’ and use your strengths to take control of your financial future.”
2. WARREN BUFFET: “If you don’t invest in things you know, you’re just gambling — recognize your limitations, keep things simple and don’t swing for the fences.”
3. FARNOOSH TORABI: “Make this the year you choose to invest in your personal self-development and hop out of your comfort zone.”
4. DAVE RAMSEY: Four critical words: “Get out of debt.” If that’s not possible, keep debt as low as possible without hindering your business plan.
5. SUZE ORMAN: “Reducing credit card debt is always important, but now it’s urgent, as anyone with credit card debt currently is likely to see their borrowing costs go up.”
6. EMMA JOHNSON: It’s time for a raise. “Muster up the nerve to ask your boss for a pay increase, start a side business or increase your billing.”
7. RACHEL CRUZE: “If you’re going to win with money, you have to be intentional.” Focus: Have a budget, pay off debt and know how your money will work for you.
8. JEANETTE PAVINI: “Learn what areas in your budget you actually have control over. You don’t need major changes to make a difference. No savings is too small. They all add up.”
9. SHARON EPPERSON: “One of the best things to set yourself up for future financial success is to be strategic with your savings. Save as much as you can in a Roth IRA.”
10. TIFFANY ALICHE: “Money management is a team sport.” Like with a successful weight loss plan, find a partner to keep you accountable, honest and on track.