1. Try something new: Get yourself a “things to do in Miami” guide, recruit friends and family to join you on your adventures and snap a picture of each new experience so you remember how much fun you had.
2. Call loved ones: Make your drive home fun and call up someone you haven’t talked to in a while to catch up, recant those crazy stories and get your giggles on. Nothing could be worse that being stuck in traffic and having Despacito make its way into your consciousness.
3. Eat your heart out: With Miami Spice well under way, there are lots of opportunities to try new and exotic restaurants. Eat at the bar and spark up a conversation with random strangers — there’s nothing like noshing as you network.
4. Silence, please!: The drilling and banging of the city’s construction, the honking horns on the road, and the chiming sounds of notifications coming from your phone, it can all get very noisy and confusing. Take a moment to reconnect to stillness and find your center. When you’re mind is calm, your potential skyrockets.
5. Take a bubble bath: So what if you don’t have any fancy bath bombs to make bubbles? Fill the tub up and spritz the water with your favorite perfume or cologne, maybe sprinkle a little epsom salt in. Ladies, light a few candles and fill up that wine glass; gents, fire up a cigar and serve up the scotch.
6. Awake with intention: Beginning your day with a positive thought can change not only your day’s perspective but its entire trajectory! Before you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, think of 3 things you’re grateful for. Then set a goal that by the end of the day you will have counted at least an additional 10 — you’ll be amazed at how your day’s pros far outweigh the cons.
7. Rest up: Over-stimulation can lead to nights of restless sleep, and even vivid dreams that leave you feeling like you haven’t slept a wink. Give yourself a curfew tonight, put the phone on silent and leave it in another room. As much as you want to think those bags under your eyes are Prada, they’re not.